- 2006 April 7, 8 and 9, Cattlemen’s Western Art Show,
Mid – State Fairgrounds, Paso Robles, CA http://www.cattlemenswesternartshow.com/
Demonstrations and Workshops
- 2004 April, Demonstrating Quick Draw Acrylic Painting accompanied by music, Cayucos Art Association, Cayucos, California.
- 2004 March, Quick Draw and Art auction at the Santa Clarita Cowboy Poetry and Music Festival. Santa Clarita, California
- 2003 March, Participated as a Quick Draw Artist for the auction at the Cowboy Poetry and Music Festival, Santa Clarita, California.
- 2003 July, Demonstrated Quick Draw Acrylic Painting, Freehand, Free Spirit, at the Cayucos
Art Association, Cayucos, California.
- 2003 August, Demonstrated and taught workshop Drawing and Painting Live Horses in Action, Wildling Museum, Santa Ynez, California
- 2004 March, * A Concert for Piano and Painting:
Hilary Anderson, International Award-winning concert Pianist
and Karen Foster-Wells, plein air & western artist, doing visionary painting to music, a benefit for the Global Alliance for Balance and Healing. www.globalalliance.ws
- 2002 Savoring the Seasons, one women show, until April 27, 2002 Summerwood Winery, 2175 Arbor Rd., Paso Robles CA, 805-227-1365,
- 1998 Solo art Display Booth in Equitana, Louisville, Kentucky. Original art and prints, for the benefit of Wild Horse Foundation, Santa Barbara.
- 1993 Featured Artist, Paso Robles Art Association Gallery, Paso Robles, California.
- 1993 Chelsea Bookshop, Paso Robles, California
- 1993 Featured Artist, Cayucos Art Association Gallery, Cayucos, California.
- 1989 Great Western Bank, San Luis Obispo, California.
- 1988 Morro Bay Museum of Natural History, Morro Bay, California
- 1979 Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History, Santa Barbara, California.
Back to top
- April 2, 2005 Opening weekend * Gardians Buckaroo Tradition in France exhibition, at the National Ranching Heritage Center in Lubbock Texas. Sponsored by the Farm and Ranch Museum in New Mexico and the Maison du Cheval Camargue in France, Las Cruces, New Mexico. This international traveling exhibit will feature beautiful photographs by Kevin Martini-Fuller, a multi-media presentation by Lorraine Rawls, and interpretive paintings by Karen Foster-Wells. For more information, contact Mary Jones Management at (773) 251-1388 For more images, click here.
- November , 2004 * Annual Oak Group exhibition, Faulkner Gallery,
Santa Barbara Library, Santa Barbara.
- November 6-7, 2004 * Paso Gathering * Western Art and Cowboy Gear Show and Sale. Karen will be present with work for sale. Pioneer Museum 2010 Riverside Ave., Paso Robles, CA. More information 805.239.4556.
- September 11, 2004 * 4th Annual SLO County Farm Bureau Western Music, Poetry, Arts Festival.For more information call 805-543-3654 or www.slofarmbureau.org.
- 2004 April * Cattlemen’s Western Art Show
Mid State Fairgrounds, Paso Robles, CA
- 2003 December * Biennale Internazional dell’ Art Contemporanca in Citta di Firenza www.artestudio.net Florence, Italy
- 2003 Sept-October, Color of Autumn, 10th annual juried exhibition, Paso Robles Art Association. Riding Home, oil, won the $100 Pete Johnston General Motors Award.
- 2003 September, Created and donated art to benefit CASA Voices for Children, Santa Margarita Ranch, Santa Margarita, California.
- 2003 July, Exhibiting Artist and First Prize in Painting, Cowboy Art Festival, Big Bear, California.
- 2003 March 30, City of Santa Clarita “Cowboy Poetry & Music Festival”. Karen was invited to be one of the 15 artists in the Artist’s Quick Draw on Sunday. Western Artists created works of art in one hour’s time while others watched and enjoyed a Southwestern style brunch and viewed the panoramic vista at the breathtaking Robinson Ranch. The works of art were then auctioned off immediately following this art “quick draw”, Santa Clarita, California.
- 2002 November 17, * The Oak Group Presents: “Preserving Nature”, An Exhibition and Sale of Landscape Paintings to benefit Local Environmental and Preservation Organizations. Reception Sunday, November 17, show runs until the 30th of November 2002. Faulkner Gallery @ Santa Barbara Public Library – 40 East Anapamu Street. Santa Barbara California. Gallery Hours: Sunday, 1:00 – 5:00, Monday-Thursday, 10:00 – 9:00 (Closed Thanksgiving Day), Friday and Sunday, 10:00 – 5:30.
- 2002 October 25-November 3, The Grand National Rodeo, Horse & Stock Show, Fetzer Vineyards Five Rivers Ranch Celebration of Western Art PROSPECTUS. Painting & Sculpture of Western life, people, animals, wildlife & landscapes. Rodeo, equine art including horse show themes, livestock. Vineyards, wine. Cow Palace 2600 Geneva Avenue, Daly City, CA 94014.
- 2002 September 28 & 29, Santa Barbara ARTWALK featuring the OAK GROUP, 14th annual Festival of Art, Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History.
- 2002 September 20-22, Draft Horse Classic Juried Art Show, Nevada City, CA
- 2002 September 8, SLO County Farm Bureau Western Art, Music and Poetry Festival, Exhibitor, Mid-State Fairgrounds, Paso Robles.
- 2002 May 18-19, Benefit for Marin Agricultural Land Trust (MALT), Nicasio, CA, contact Elizabeth Ptak, 415-663-1158 or www.malt.org
- 2002 May 5, Oak Group Artists and Big Sur Artist, Montery Museum of Art at La Mirada, Benefit for Big Sur Land Trust, celebrating the lands saved in the last 25 years: contact 831-372-5477.
- 2002 Spring, The Plein Air Scene Newsletter, www.thepleinairscene.com/directory. Featured artist in the winter 2001 issue.
- 2001 Fall, Soul of Gaviota, a juried show to benefit Rancho Arroyo Honda and the Gaviota Coast.
Cabrillo Art Center, Santa Barbara, California.
- 2001 September 22, The Defining Decade, Santa Cruz Island, art show and sale celebration the OAK GROUP’s 10 year partnership with the Nature Conservancy for benefiting the Island.
- 2001- 2004, September, participated in the Western Arts Music and Poetry Festival, Mid State Fairgrounds, Paso Robles, California, sponsored by San Luis Obispo Farm Bureau.
- 2001 July 8, 2001, Oak Group 15th anniversary exhibit Lacuna Gallery, Santa Barbara until.
- 2001 Preserving Nature, OAK GROUP and Guests Sixteenth Annual Show, Faulkner Gallery, Santa Barbara, California.
- 2001, Illustrated the annual appeal brochure for the Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History.
- 2001 National Juried Watermedia Exhibit, Chico, California.
- 2001 Group exhibition, Cayucos Art Association, Cayucos, California.
- 2001 Newcomers, San Luis Obispo California Art Center juried show for new members.
- 2000 – 2001 Group exhibition, Carnegie Western Art Gallery, Paso Robles, California.
- 2000 Oak Group Exhibition, Preserving Nature, to benefit the Land Trust of Santa Barbara County and The Nature Conservancy.
- 2000 Art Walk, Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History, Oak Group Featured Artists.
- 2000 Color of Autumn, 7th annual juried exhibition, Paso Robles California Art Association. Two paintings juried into show, “Winter River”, acrylic, won the Grand Prize $1000 Martin and Weyrich Winery Award.
- 2000 Oak Group exhibition, Island Magic, to benefit the Friends of Santa Cruz Island (TNC), on Santa Cruz Island.
- 2000 Horse Expo, two paintings selected for show, Sacramento, California.
- 2000 Group exhibition, Ranches and Rolling Hills, to benefit the Marin Agricultural Land Trust, Nicasio, Marin County, California.
- 2000 Group exhibition, In the Footsteps of Fernand Lundgren: Contemporary views, College of Creative Studies, Santa Barbara.
- 2000 Group exhibition, Winter Bird Festival, to benefit North Coast Audubon, Morro Bay, California.
Back to top
- 2003 Pete Johnston General Motors $100 Award , Color of Autumn juried show,
Paso Robles Art Association, “Riding Home”.
- 2003 First Prize in Painting Category, Cowboy Art Festival, Big Bear, California.
- 2003 Coordinator’s Award: Achievement in Art, Professional Oil/Acrylic
Category, California Mid-State Fair Art Show. Fresh Start.
- 2002 Judge’s Award, “Dally”, California Mid-State Fair Art Show, Paso Robles, California
- 2002 Invited to be included in Who’s Whos in the World 2003
- 2001 Who’s Who in America: Karen will be included in the forthcoming 56th version of Who’s Who in America 2002.
- 2001 Honorable Mention, California Mid-State Fair Art Show. Riding into the Light.
- 2001 Who’s Who of American Women, 2001- Karen will be included in this as well.
- 2000 Best of Show: Martin and Weyrich Winery $1000 Award, Color of Autumn juried show, Paso Robles Art Association, “Winter River” winner, “Summer River” also accepted.
- 2000 First, Second and Third Place awards: Amateur Digitally Enhanced Photography, California Mid-State Fair Art Show.
- 2000 First Place and Coordinator’s Award: Achievement in Art Professional Oil/Acrylic Category, California Mid-State Fair Art Show. “Beach Mares” – oil painting.
- 1999 Second Place and Judges Award, Professional Oil/Acrylic Category, California Mid-State Fair Art Show.
- 1998 First Place, Professional Oil/Acrylic Category, California Mid-State Fair Art Show.
- 1994 Honorable Mention, Color of Autumn juried show, Paso Robles California Art Association.
- 1994 First Place, Professional Oil/Acrylic Category, California Mid-State Fair Art Show
- 1993 Bronze Medal, Art of California Discovery Awards.
Back to top